[linux-audio-user] nice piano

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Dec 15 12:22:26 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 07:45:55AM +0000, James Stone wrote:
> LS will work with proper 32 bit samples now. It used to read 32
> bit but play them back at 16 bit. The new license that Mark
> refers to is a modification of the GPL fobidding the use of the
> code in commercial hardware or software projects without the
> consent of the authors. This is what they say on the FAQ:

I hate to be a jerk and crap on someone's project, but this is a
clear violation of the GPL.  Here's some GPL FAQs that explain this:

https://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney
https://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCDoesTheGPLAllowNDA
https://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCOrigBSD

Software freedom zero requires that a program be usable for any
purpose whatsoever with no restrictions or limitations.  Of course if
I produce a hardware device that uses a modified LinuxSampler, my
modifications are required to be free software.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

man in the bonds of Hell."