[linux-audio-user] SMPTE timecode reader

plutek plutek at infinity.net
Sun Dec 17 22:46:09 EST 2006

greetings!

following up on my recent (unanswered) question about a timecode
generator, i am now interested also in software capable of parsing a
SMPTE timecode stream (audio, NOT MTC), and displaying the
corresponding numerical timecode, as the audio track is running.

an ideal solution would be one implemented as either a ladspa plugin,
which can be patched into the track (i.e. in ardour) containing the
timecode, or a small jack utility which can be connected to either
incoming SMPTE signal or a playback track via i.e. the qjackctl connect
window. i would like to be able to run multiple instances of such
software, to compare timecode in various audio streams.

do any of you know of the existence of any such software? alternately,
does anyone out there have the ability to program such a thing? i would
be willing to donate to such a cause. perhaps other are looking for
this sort of thing as well? it would surely be a big step forward in
our ability to work with film and video -- those folks can't deal with
MTC.

.pltk.