[linux-audio-user] Very new and unfinished

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Dec 19 07:41:23 EST 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:10:32 +0100
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> écrivait:

> The chinese touch could be emphasized by working
> out the pentatonic character, I guess.

I've been listening to some Chinese music recently and one
characteristic that's found here and there is the sliding of many
notes towards what they end up to be.  Like when painting a wall and
doing a faux finish: a base coloured coat is applied and then a paler
coat is put using a rag or somesuch.  The target note is known but the
instrument works its way towards it.  Surely this is due to the nature
of some of the traditional Chinese instruments.

Apart from that, throwing a good amount of semitones would at least
convey a cliché Middle Eastern mood.  That'd be fun with the Alps
background.

I think Hubert von Goisern did some mix like that.

Al