[linux-audio-user] very lengthy recordings

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Dec 20 04:57:24 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:11:00PM -0500, Dan Easley wrote:

> i work at a radio station, and it would be awesome if i could record
> insanely long periods of time (for quality control).
>
> i'd love to be able to record 24/7, with new audio replacing old.  a
> 400gig drive could hold two weeks of 16-bit 44.kHz stereo audio.  how
> long could it survive constant writing?

A system for recording the output of a radio station was presented
at the LAC2005, by people from the university of Bath.

Here's the paper: <http://lac.zkm.de/2005/papers/ffitch_natt.pdf>.

So I'd suggest to get in contact with John Ffitch (address in the
paper).

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.