[linux-audio-user] Just JAMin

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Dec 20 19:48:49 EST 2006

Folks,

  I'm trying to use JAMin to see what it can bring to a mix.  There's
a problem when I start Ardour to record the JAMin mix.

  Here's what I do.

  I play the .wav tune (exported from Ardour where it was recorded)
using Rezound.  I start JAMin, I disconnect the Rezound outputs from
alsa_pcm and connect them to JAMin's input.  Then I connect JAMin's
outputs to alsa_pcm (all using qjackctl).

  So I play the tune and adjust stuff in JAMin while listening to the
tune.

  Now I start Ardour to record the mix.  I create a new session and
add a stereo track.  As soon as the stereo track is added the sound
becomes ugly and boomy.  I look at qjackctl and see there's a ton of
new connections made by Ardour.  I try to do a 'disconnect all' but
all the ardour connections are staying there.

  Is there an easier way to record a JAMin mix than by using Ardour ?

  Or, is there another way to use JAMin to modify the final mix of a
tune originally recorded in Ardour ?

Al