[linux-audio-user] 64 studio

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Dec 20 21:04:29 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 00:18 +0100, Malte Steiner wrote:
> - formerly I gained some performance by switching to a light
> Windowmanager like Blackbox. Now I cant read any differences when I
> measure the load with top, whether I use Gnome or Blackbox. Its a bit
> strange in my opinion or did I miss a memo?

The Gnome developers finally started taking performance seriously a year
or two ago and they have done a great job.  Also the realtime kernel
makes it much less likely that any display activity will perturb your
audio.

Unless you're stuck with a massively underpowered machine, use the WM
that has the features you want.  They all perform OK these days.

Lee