[linux-audio-user] jackd forcing me to choose input or output exclusively

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 05:24:43 EST 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 21:06, Hans Fugal wrote:
> On OS X on the MacBook, which has two input sources (mic and line in)
> and one output source.

> Am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else had this trouble?

I believe this has to do with the new way in which the MacBook handles its
output and input.

You have to create an "Aggregate Device", combining the input and output
module, in the Audio/MIDI setup panel.
Then you should be able to start JACK using this Aggregate Device, and have
both input and output.

I had to do the same to get SuperCollider to use both input and output.

sincerely,
Marije