[linux-audio-user] The BIG picture

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 01:18:35 EST 2006

On 12/22/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > I can't speak for either of these programs, but I have not found this
> > true with other proprietary-free program combinations.  The majority
> > of professionals still use Mac, and expensive software.
>
> curiously, the first of these claims is not true in the broadcast
> market, where for some reasons windows seems to have come to dominate.

That is curious.  I didn't know that.  I go to an art school, studying
music composition, and very few of the students or faculty here know
anything about anything that isn't Apple.  I know they do use Macs
even for the internet radio, but then I suspect the school actually
has some kind of deal with Apple.
At any rate, I can't imagine a professional audio studio today being
without some Macs, but I hope Linux can change that.  For that to
happen, though, would take lots more application development and
especially interface development.