[linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

Nick Scheer nscheer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 08:42:22 EST 2006

Either way is fine with me. The problem with forums, is that if it is
on a slow server, or if it is badly organized from a user interface
perspective, it can be a nightmare to use.

Plus, you often end up with a lot of bickering about how it should
look/feel/behave. Also, *someone* ends up stuck with spending a lot of
time maintaining it, and I imagine it is much more costly from a
hosting perspective. PHPBB also tends to get borked by script-kiddies
out to prove their l33t-ness by vandalizing any site they can.

Mailing lists are nice, as you have a lot of flexibility as to how to
read/organize/archive-I personally like Gmail's ability to auto-label,
as well as organizing by discussion thread, and allowing really good
searchability, whereas a forum dictates the entire user experience for
you.

--Nick