[linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Sun Dec 24 11:56:31 EST 2006

Thorsten Wilms escribe:
> No. I started using the internet less than eight years ago
> and don't consider forums to be more comfortable. So much for
> 'anybody'.

To me, forums aren't so much more comfortable either, I am talking of
the average spanish Internet user without a computer culture behind.

> Mailing lists allow me to subscribe to dozens of them and
> manage everything within the same interface. No slow loading
> pages, no unecessary formatting, new stuff just comes my way.

Also to me, but I've needed to customize my email experience
extensively (fetchmail postconnect scripts to archive old mailing list
mail, procmail recipes to have everything organized, mutt keystroke
configuration so everything's at hand) and I doubt that for a today's
average user that is posible up to this point.

> Using email to create forum accounts and notification emails
> (on replies) should tell you something ...

Yes, yes...

> There's an advantage to forums if you only want to check
> them once in a while, irregularly. This point would be moot
> if only the archives would appear more forum like ;)

Wep, having mailing list archives more easily browsable would be
definitely a point!

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres