[linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Dec 24 16:43:47 EST 2006

Leonard Ritter wrote:
> i remember that there was discussion because the current maintainer
> wanted to pass on the LAU and LAD lists.
>
> i just had a refreshing conversation with one of the newer generation
> internet users and he had trouble understanding what a mailing list is.
>
> and indeed, why not move to a forum? are there arguments against it?

Yes. To read things on a forum requires me to go to the forum, login,
blah blah blah, and use some clumsy web interface to read and perhaps
respond. Versus having the messages arrive in my mailbox on their own
where I can happily read them in a real mail client.

I am on some lists where their only interface is a web forum. I almost
never read them, and rarely participate.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community