[linux-audio-user] aplaymidi problem

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 27 07:00:16 EST 2006

Greetings:

Sometimes I like to use aplaymidi to playback MIDI files for recording
to Ardour or ecasound. Yesterday I noticed that the program was rushing
the first few milliseconds of playback when used to play a series of files :

    aplaymidi *.mid

The MIDI data stream was directed to an external synth. The problem did
not occur when using another MIDI player (Seq+ in DOSemu).

Is this a known problem or is it unique to ALSA in the 2.6.18 kernel ?

I'm running 64Studio on AMD64 hardware. More details available if needed.

Best,

dp