[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: I need a better video card for the AMD64 machine

Jon H october001 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 22:58:51 EST 2006

Yup, it works!

I had forgotten I had traded that particular card to a neighbor earlier this
year for some extra harddrives so I had to borrow it back.  Once I got it
installed in the machine it had no problems rendering 1280x1024 and even
higher using the "nv" driver on my (my wife's actually) Viewsonic A90 19"
CRT.

uname -a supplies:
Linux biggun3 2.6.17-10-386 #2 Tue Dec 5 22:26:18 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

and the relevant part of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600/GeForce 6600
GT]"
        Driver          "nv"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "A90-2"
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600/GeForce 6600
GT]"
        Monitor         "A90-2"
        DefaultDepth    24

SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes            "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1024x768" "832x624"
"800x600" "720x400" "640x480"
        EndSubSection

And finally I put a screenshot of it up and working with "xvidtune" in the
picture as well at:
http://www.illhostit.net/files/529/nvdriver.png

Best,

Jon Hoskins