[linux-audio-user] music made with linux
Atte André Jensen
atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 20:09:37 EST 2006
Atte André Jensen wrote:
Well, I tried most of the nice suggestions and put up a new version:
The version from the original post is here:
* thickened the "sine rhodes" a bit
* added reverb (room) to percussive noises + minor level adjustments
* added reverb (plate) to vocal
* changed wrong audio track in one lower voice to correct one
* turned reverse delay a bit up on vocals
* slightly longer (non clicking) release on bass
* added slightly more overtone content to lead sound (solo) and turned
it down a bit.
* tagged the mp3 file
In general I think it blends better now, when no sounds (except bass and
bell) are completely dry. I think maybe the vocal are a bit too high and
the percussion is a bit to low, but I'll leave it with that for now...
To accomplish this I had to (in the real linux audio user spirit) patch
specimen to allow more instances to be running with different client
names + disable the annoying auto-connect audio outs feature (patch will
be submitted to specimen list when cleaned up a bit).
Thanks for listening, and for the many nice words. Maybe the more eager
among you find time to listen to the new version.
peace, love & harmony
http://www.atte.dk | quintet: http://www.anagrammer.dk
| compositions: http://www.atte.dk/compositions
More information about the Linux-audio-user