[linux-audio-user] music made with linux

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Dec 31 05:08:06 EST 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 08:49:29PM +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> So in an unavoidable technical/geeky fashion let me ask: Any suggetions
> for dynamically adding effects to individual samples in specimen or any
> other sampler that handles this better?

Well, Chionic can do it, I guess. Seems to be a scarily complex beast.
But it is discontinued while we can still hope for a new Specimen release.

http://www.reduz.com.ar/chionic/

Multiple Jack outputs and/or internal LADSPA hosting have been on
the top of the wishlist since the days of the living Pete!

Perhaps you could run several Specimen instances. I'm not sure
wether the ability for that is in the last release or requires
a patch.

If you don't need fine grained control, running all percussion
through filters and reverb might work. Perhaps just low and
high-pass.

I don't think applying reverb afer recording every single track
is too late, though. I work like that all the time.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations:
http://www.printfection.com/thorwil