[linux-audio-user] some LilyPond work

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Feb 1 08:46:17 EST 2006

Greetings:

  Recently I had a 2-day struggle with the flu, so I took advantage of
the down-time and dug into LilyPond 2.6.3 (Demudi 1.3.0rc1). The results
have been placed here:

    http://linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/

  I had fun learning the language (again), and I'm pleased with the look
of the output. I'll add more stuff to that site as I spend more time in
the Pond.

  Btw, the lack of a GUI was no hindrance. I opened GhostView in 'watch'
mode along with my work file :

    gv --watch foo.ly &

  I coded in one window, compiled in another, and watched as GV
immediately updated after each compiler run. Not realtime, of course,
but close enough for the kind of work I'm doing.

  Kudos to the LilyPond devels for this amazing software !

Best,

dp