[linux-audio-user] Some various questions about system configuration..

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Feb 2 15:31:22 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 14:57 -0500, Dana Olson wrote:
> I haven't installed Dapper yet, but I will soon on a second hard
> drive.
>
> But, judging by the comments I've read elsewhere, PAM is not yet set
> up in Dapper for rt stuff. I thought that it required a patch and a
> special config?

Well, it did originally, because the userspace rlimits should reflect
what's in the kernel, and it takes time for userspace to catch up.  But
there's been plenty of time, this has been in the kernel since at least
2.6.13 - this should be fixed upstream by now.  It seems like it should
be adequate for Dapper to use the latest development versions of bash,
glibc, and PAM, or else backport the patches.

Either way it's been long enough - this should work OOTB on a modern
system.