[linux-audio-user] Some various questions about system configuration..

laulist at mondoseo.com laulist at mondoseo.com
Thu Feb 2 18:20:11 EST 2006

> I'd rather get on with supporting other people who wish to make music using
> Free Software, whatever their preferred set-up.

I tend to agree.

Over the years I've used just about every major Linux distro out there,
including RedHat, Fedora, Suse, Slackware and Ubuntu. Which distro I used
at any point depended on where each distro was at at the time, what type
of system I was building, who was going to use it, etc, etc.

I now find 'distro wars' utterly pointless. No single distro can possibly
be all things to all people, nor should it even try. Linux is Linux,
whatever the flavour, and I find global understandings about Linux more
useful than any one distro's take on how Linux can/should be set up.

Something like DeMuDi might be useful to a Linux newbie, but personally I
don't have a need for it. I'm more interested in acquiring enough
understanding to make audio software run on any Linux system.

My 2 cents.

Mick