[linux-audio-user] It's music time again

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Feb 3 18:25:55 EST 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb, 2006 at 01:46PM -0800, Russell Hanaghan spake thus:
> james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
>
> >Me again.
> >
> >I've been very busy, so I haven't been responding to much on the
> >list.
> >
> >I have made time to listen to the great stuff people have been
> >doing, though.  So, to all the people who've posted recently: well
> >done!  Do more!  I really liked the [intro/bass/chorus] (delete as
> >applicable).
> >
> >And now, here's my latest contribution:
> >http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2006/02/music.html
> >
> >James
> >

> I kinda like that! Nice airy feel with the melody instruments / reverb.
> Personally, I'd have liked to hear the drums not quite so much up
> front...that is to say, set back in the mix a little with some reverb
> also.

You're probably right, but I love beat and bass led music.

> And being primarily a guitar player, I'd luv to hear some power
> chords and a smooth overdriven lead not up front in your face but
> complimenting my percetion of the "airy" feel I mentioned.

Feel free to add something.  Not being much of a guitarist (and not
having much of a guitar), I don't have the skills or equipment to do
much with guitars.  I love the sounds, but can't achieve them.

In fact, if you ever feel like creating a few sample packs (individual
chords and notes with a particular feel), I, and probably a lot of
other people, would be very grateful.

> Fiarly complex drum pattern...was it in Hydrogen or external hardware?
> HOw did you record it and what apps did you use?

It's all done in CheeseTracker.

> Nice work!

Thankyou

> Thanks