[linux-audio-user] Some various questions about system configuration..

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Sat Feb 4 15:49:09 EST 2006

On 2/3/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 17:08 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 17:01 -0500, Dana Olson wrote:
> > > This is certainly beyond the scope of my current knowledge. I would
> > > like to help, but I don't think I can research and learn that all
> > > before the deadline. Do you know anyone who would help out with this?
> > >

> > In theory it should be easy - bash, PAM, and glibc all support the new
> > rlimits in their development versions, I just have to backport the
> > patches to whatever is in Dapper right now... we'll see how hard that
> > is.  The bash maintainers have been helpful, and hopefully that glibc
> > patch still applies...
>
> Can someone point me to the patch against PAM 0.79, I remember it was
> posted here a while back...
>
> Lee

Hey, I was able to do it successfully for Breezy. Here is the link to
the page in the wiki that I just did:

http://www.ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Rlimits-Aware_PAM

Works great for me. I no longer need set_rlimits or realtime-lsm.

I hope you can get this into Breezy. There is a discussion on this
page as well, where I learned the steps from:

http://ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Talk:Using_set_rlimits

Thanks to user Woho for his Dapper procedure. I am not sure who that
is, for all I know, it could be you. ;)

Dana