[linux-audio-user] Need for more than stereo

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Feb 4 18:53:06 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 21:56 +0100, leslie.polzer at gmx.net wrote:
> Hello audio users,
>
>   I'm working on JACK Rack 2 and would like to know how many of you are
> using more than two channels and how important you consider more than
> two.

I don't work with ambisonics, but some people might want to use the
ambisonics plugs in jack rack. They deal with 4 streams. With
ambisonics, you would probably want to have a different number of inputs
and outputs.

I have an idea to make better use of these plugins: what if in cases
where there are more than 2 streams, the ports would be represented in
the gui, and the connection model between those ports and the
inputs/outputs would be visualized and maybe even configurable.

I know of the issues with differentiating i/o's and how it's tricky to
make the perfect model. But in case of selecting a single model to deal
with the situation, it would be great that the gui would show how the
model is implemented between two plugs.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>