[linux-audio-user] gate from swh-plugins

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Feb 5 19:25:12 EST 2006

Hello,

I am now using the Gate plugin from swh-plugins as a noise gate. Thanks, Sampo
Savolinen!

However, there is one thing I don't understand in its behaviour, and I'd like
to chnge that of possible. When immediately after a useful (and loud) sound a
noise period (below the threshold) starts, the noise is heard for an audible
fraction of a second before the gate closes.I have lowered Delay and Hold,
but this does not seem to help. Is there a way to make it destroy such noise
"tails" after sounds?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik