[linux-audio-user] OT - Power Amp?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Feb 6 14:16:07 EST 2006

I could ask this question a number of places, but I like you
folks. :^)

I'm in the market for a ~400W/ch @ 8 Ohms amp to replace my aged,
and now broken for the 4th or 5th time, JBL power amp.

I've got some experience with QSC amps in band practice settings,
and in live performance settings.  All I can say is that they
never seem to be problematic, and always seem to do their job.
I haven't used one in a studio setting.  I'd almost just go buy
a QSC today, unless someone here would warn me off.  I do need
an amp quickly as I was just about to mix some ardour recorded
music.  What advice do you people have?

Thanks....

--
Kevin