[linux-audio-user] Graphics card an realtime performance

cdr ix at replic.net
Tue Feb 7 15:36:20 EST 2006

> > get a good realtime performance on my box (buffersize 64 and less) but
> > when using X some display activity seems to cause xruns. E.g sooperlooper

ive had decent luck by renicing the X server to a lower priority (higher number) and doing the opposite to jackd. depending on how your X is started (gdm, xdm, startx) the way to nice it on launch may differ, but give it a shot..

im not sure 'top' can be trusted. for ex running ices doing a realtime ogg encode takes 5-6% CPU , without X running, and as soon as X is launched, that number doubles, according to top..