[linux-audio-user] Re: Realtime Kernel Slows My Clock

cdr ix at replic.net
Tue Feb 7 17:23:07 EST 2006

incidentally i had the exact opposite problem (ntpdate can easily move the clock back 10 seconds, only 5 seconds after it was last run). switching to the RT kernel fixed the issue completely, excpet on both of my machines, the RT kernel freezes after a while (even w.o tainted modules)

JACK runs just fine regardless of how skewed the system clock is..

theres a one line patch related to which timer to use, which is in Ingo's tree but not the mainline kernel, try reverting it:
see:
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113249769027262&w=2 and
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113284371028363&w=2