[linux-audio-user] Installing Demudi packages on Debian

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 09:03:15 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 13:33, David Baron was like:
> When Debian started calling their "kernel" stuff "linux" stuff, there was a
> kernel-source/kernel-image-2.6.12 from demudi on Sid (maybe I had a Demudi
> reference in sources.list). I tried it. Installed, ran, same error messages
> as Debian's linux-image-2.6.12s. Have not seen it on Sid lately.

This is because of the security issues involved in using realtime-lsm. IIUC
Probably won't see a DeMuDi kernel in Debian until it's possible to have an
rtlimits patched PAM and do the realtime thing 'properly'. This being Debian,
it may take a little longer. This is one of the issues that will get
addressed in the process of developing a solid Debian Multimedia Policy.
Suggest not holding breath. DeMuDi packages are always available from AGNULA
- http://demudi.agnula.org. They have been well tested in conjunction with
vanilla Debian packages and I understand people have had reasonable success
using them in conjunction with Ubuntu installs also.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim