[linux-audio-user] rosegarden+dssi

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Feb 8 12:21:05 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 14:45, Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> >On Wednesday 08 February 2006 09:55, emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com
> > ::..
> >
> >wrote:
> >>i've installed on my mandriva rosegarden by urpmi. but it seems that it
> >>hasn't dssi support. do i have to recompile it or there's some files to
> >>configure?
> >>
> >>emanuele
> >
> >H Emanuele. I don't remember a problem in setting up Rosegarden to use
> > DSSI plugins. You obviously need the packages "dssi"  and  "dssi-dev"
> > installed on the machine. Also some dssi plugins. For instance. Hexter,
> > Xsynth, and fluidsynth-dssi.
> >
> >Then it was a matter of going to Composition/Studio/Manage Synth Plugins
> > (the icon for which should be on the toolbar) , and adding your plugins
> > on each line there using the line's browser. After doing that just left
> > click and hold on the first untitled line on the sequencer, choose "Synth
> > Plugin" off the menu, you should get alist of your loaded plugins.
> >
> >BTW. This is on Fedora Core 2.  Nigel.
>
> How does one tell a dssi plugin in Rosegarden which MIDI input to use?

Hi Petter. Sorry. I'm not familiar enough with using Rosegarden. I only use
one external midi input for my usb midi keyboard, but hopefully someone else
on the list can help.

I presume you are talking about having multiple midi inputs. In my case with
only the usb midi keyboard, this shows up automatically in the "Manage Midi
Devices" panel in Play devices, and Record devices.  Nigel