[linux-audio-user] suspend2 and realtime-preempt

Spencer Russell slothlove at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:26:04 EST 2006

Hullo, there,
I'm working on getting usable latency on my laptop with a crappy
integrated Via chipset(Right now the best I can do without xruns is
2x1024). From what I can tell it looks like it might hep to thread the
IRQs, so I'm applying ingo's realtime-preempt patch to a vanilla
2.6.15.1. I have been using the gentoo suspend2 sources, and I've
gotten really used to just hibernating my computer when I'm not using
it, and I'd like to keep doing that, but it seems the suspend2 patches
are incompatible with the realtime-preempt patches. I think I'll be
able to handle going in manually and figuring out where the problems
are, but I figured that it's possible someone might have already done
the work for me, so I figured I'd ask. So, anyone using suspend2 and
realtime-preempt together?

Thanks,
spencer