[linux-audio-user] Jack Endino on Recording, Bleach, Response curves of tape machines

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Feb 9 20:21:20 EST 2006

First weekend this year we/my band recorded what will be our
next self-made extravaganza. Don't laugh: We recorded to my
old half-inch 8 track machine because the A/D unit blew up on
the second morning. Rock music still damaging things. In the
aftermath it turned out that one of the Tascam's outputs had
gone sour. So I download all of the internet looking for
related stuff and come across

http://www.endino.com/graphs/index.html

which is a page called "The Unpredictable Joys of Analog
Recording". It has frequency response curves of various tape
machines and shatters 2 of my private myths about tape.

Only then I realize that this page is part of Jack Endino's
website, the Seattle man, the engineer that recorded
Nirvana's "Bleach" and like 2000 other gems and I spend the
rest of this blessed day with reading his stuff. "Articles &
Archives" and "FAQ" recommended.

http://www.endino.com/index.html

--
Wolfgang