[linux-audio-user] Learning to use a tracker

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Fri Feb 10 16:22:36 EST 2006

I am sorry for the stupid question but I am interested in learning to
use a tracker. I have heard music created with such software and I think
it sounds pretty cool. I have never used a tracker before so I don't
care if it is a good tracker. I just want to learn a tracker that is
well documented for the tracker newbee. Later I may a use a better
tracker but I am looking for one to use that is the most well documented
at the moment. How different is seq24 from a tracker? i have used it and
very much like it. I am also a csound junkie so I kind of want something
that I can intergrate with csounds somehow. Didn't someone build a
tracker interface to csounds or something once? I want the tracker to
really give me ideas for things to do in csound. I like the sounds and
ideas James comes up with using cheesetracker. I don't know how to get
started using it though. I installed it and am scratching my head over
how to get started with it. I tried freewheeling recording my csounds
output from jack. That was alot of fun. I was looping extremely small
samples and allowing them to clip creating really grungy sounds and
controlling the notes on my external midi keyboard. So can anyone
suggest a tracker that is well document and possibly anouther that has
cool features that fit the kind of things that I like to do.

Jeremiah