[linux-audio-user] realtime-preempt without PAM?

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Sat Feb 11 21:24:45 EST 2006

On 2/11/06, Ross Vandegrift <ross at lug.udel.edu> wrote:
> I've built myself 2.6.15.1-rt16 and have it running.  Everything I've
> read has information on configuring PAM to setup limits.  My box is
> running Slackware, which doesn't use PAM.
>
> Is there some software I can use instead of PAM, for this purpose?

I just did a search:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=realtime+slackware+pam&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

The first link there, I clicked on it, and it says "The set_rtlimit
program can be used to set rtlimits for specific applications in case
your distro doesn't ship modified PAM and bash:"

That page is a bit out of date if you read it, so I went to the
homepage described there, http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~jwoithe

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the new program, set_rlimits 1.2.0.

You can get that and install & configure it, or just do what Lee says
and use old realtime-lsm.

Both methods work for me, although I run Ubuntu and use a patched and
configured PAM.

Dana