libspiralcore, was Re: [linux-audio-user] fastbreeder (a genetic programming synth)

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Sun Feb 12 06:50:09 EST 2006

Erik de Castro Lopo escribe:
> Loki Davison wrote:
>
> > On 2/11/06, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > libsndfile0 is at least three years old. Everyone I know of is using
> > > libsndfile1-dev
> > >

> > Isn't three years old standard for debian? .....
>
> I'll bite.
>
> Debian stable has libsndfile1:
>
>     http://pdo.debian.net/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?
>          keywords=libsndfile&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all
>
> and that Debian stable was released in July 2005.

Yes, installing libsndfile1-dev did it. Now running fastbreeder gives
me another problem. When I press the right mouse button in order to
switch to a different formula, sound simply stops, and I need to
restart fastbreeder in order to get it back. This is, I only can hear
the default sound.

> People who have never taken the time to learn Debian would probably
> be surpirsed just how good it actually is.

Debian was the first Linux I learnt and I honestly think that it isn't
more difficult to learn that any other Linux. Debian is best of both
worlds, running stable you have a system imposible to be broken,
running sid you have latest software and you help freezing the next
stable version.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Dropping science like when Galileo dropped his orange

     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/