[linux-audio-user] Jack + kernel problem (client_thread zombified)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Feb 13 03:48:18 EST 2006

Hi!
  I have a small jack problem with kernels 2.6.13/2.6.15 (it works with
2.6.11.8 alright).
  I compiled first the kernel and then jack 0.100.9 (also tried earlier
0.100.1). When I start jack everythings ok, but then after a while, mplayer
will stop and say: Jack: client_thread zombified. Can anyone imagine what this
is all about?
  Oh yes one last note: I used the mm-patches for 2.6.13 and the exact kernel
version of the other kernel was 2.6.15.2 (I only mention this, because I first
tried to patch the kernel, and it told me that a few files semmed already
patched. So I did it without mm).
  Can anyone help me, suggest a solution, something to test, to clarify this
matter?
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------