[linux-audio-user] More music

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Mon Feb 13 17:17:25 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:31:51PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> Steve D escribe:
>
> > I guess my (irrational) fear is that a punchin/punchout will somehow be
> > obvious to the listener--that either there will be an abrupt momentary
> > change in ambience, an abrupt cutting off of pre-punchin sound as the
> > punchin occurs, or I'll be in a slightly different mood and the volume
> > or performance won't match, etc.
>
> Don't overestimate the listener. :o)

And don't underestimate the musician. I've done thousands of punchin/outs
in the days of real physical tape (no region shifts then !), and seen e.g.
saxophone players redo just a few notes of a great solo without anyone
being able to spot the edit. But I agree this sort of destructive editing
was quite scary...

--
FA