[linux-audio-user] Punchin/Punchout (was: More music)

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Feb 13 18:22:29 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:35 -0800, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> > Regarding the digital audio (rather than MIDI) approach, I'll try to
> > space the punchin and punchout points a little farther apart than I
> > normally would, to give me a greater choice *after* re-recording the
> > section as to exactly where I want the actual punch to occur. (I hadn't
> > thought of that, obvious though it may now seem. ;-)
>
> i'm missing something probably, but why would you punch in/out on a daw
> when you can just create a new track, play along during the section
> you'd like to replace, and then cut/paste edit to replace the other
> part?

    I've done both but the punch-in/out is supposed to do an automatic
crossfade (I think) to make the transition smoother.  I may be totally
off base though.  Maybe Jesse or someone can give us the straight data
on this.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744