[linux-audio-user] CCRMA and yum

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Feb 14 20:13:20 EST 2006

thewade wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I was hoping to install ardour on one of my FC4 machines. I haven't
> been using this
> machine for realtime audio so I am running the FC4 vanilla kernel so
> that the livna.org's
> ati-graphics and the ndiswrapper kernel modules will work. I want to
> investigate using
> the CCRMA packages though. I have questions:
>
> (1)Can CCRMA be accessed through yum instead of apt?
> If I knew where the rmps lived (and if they are signed with a gpg key
> where that is too)
> then I think could get yum to work nicely with CCRMA.

This is my /etc/yum.repo.d/planetccrma.repo for FC3. It seems to work:

[os]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/core/os/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/core/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma

[planetccrma]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Apps
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetccrma/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma

[planetcore]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetcore/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-planetccrma

[planetedge]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetedge/