[linux-audio-user] ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Feb 15 14:06:58 EST 2006

On 15 February 2006 at 13:24, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

> Um, the -rt patch and the -ck patch are mutually exclusive.  You want
> the -rt patch not the -ck patch.
>
> Why are you building your own kernel, there should be precompiled -rt
> kernel packages for every distro by now.

I'm running Mandrake 10.1 on my current music machine, and Mandriva
2006.0 on the machine I'll use for music in the future.  Those
machines run Mandr* kernel versions 2.6.7-1.mm_3kc.7mdk-i686-up-4GB
and 2.6.12-12mdksmp, respectively.  In the /boot/config* files of
those machines I see this:

	CONFIG_SECURITY_REALTIME=m

for some kernels, namely the "mm" optional kernels.  Is this enough
to conclude that those kernels make use of the -rt patch?  If not,
then I'm having one heck of a time finding -rt + Mandrake/Mandriva
info on the web.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  For what it's
worth, I'm getting pretty good music performance with ardour & jack
on the 2.6.7 machine.  I haven't tried yet with the 2.6.12 machine.

Is there a kernel version that begins to include the -rt patch by
default?  If so, what's the oldest version like that?

Thanks much...

--
Kevin