[linux-audio-user] More music

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 08:10:41 EST 2006

Steve D wrote:

[re: Arabesque]

>... I hope to have a score
>ready in a few weeks (in PDF form, notated using LilyPond), at which
>time it will be uploaded to the directory at my webspace that contains
>the few other scores I have created:
>
>http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/scores__notation/

Cool. If you don't mind I might take a swing at arranging Arabesque for
two guitars. Please advise if that's kosher with you.

>Some time I would love to hear a recording of someone else (a better
>pianist--my hands are very small and fingers short, with barely an
>octave's reach) playing one of my pieces.

I noticed your birth date on the score. You're a year younger than me.
One of the reasons I want to get my pieces scored is because I simply
can't play them anymore, not like I used to. I have a hope that perhaps
a performing classical guitarist will pick them up, and I plan to enter
them in whatever contests or competitions are appropriate.

Btw, is LilyPond not the shiznitz ?! I'm just amazed at the results I'm
getting. I've been placing some stuff here if you're interested :

    http://linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/

That page is the first in a series of pages I'm planning to demonstrate
Linux audio software, i.e., sequencing, notation, hard-disk recording,
etc. Hopefully I'll soon get some of my piano music notated and put up
there too.

Thanks for your music, Steve. It's always good stuff. :)

Best,

dp