[linux-audio-user] 2.6.15.4, realtime-lsm, jackd -R, system performance down!

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Thu Feb 16 08:52:51 EST 2006

Lee Revell escribe:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 22:28 +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> > Clearly this is my problem. If I tell jackd not to lock memory at all,
> > then applications open succesfully even if in realtime mode
> > but... xruns are back!
> >

> This definitely indicates that there is memory pressure, so getting more
> would be the way to go.  I'm interested as to whether the stack size
> change is enough though.

It's not. Yes, zynaddsubfx or horgand load faster, but they kill the
qjackctl anyway. I think I'll leave the setting but thinking of
getting more memory anyway.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Dropping science like when Galileo dropped his orange

     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/