[linux-audio-user] Crude

Renato Fabbri renatoftato at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 00:30:24 EST 2006

I am migrating from win to linux. Did a little
research for choosing my distro:

Ubuntu is not good for low latency app untill now.
Great efforts are on the way, but it is what it is.

DeMuDi is not being updated (thats the rumor).

Dynebolic is dedicated for liveCD.

I´ve heard serious about slackware and gentoo, some
apathy to fedora core and nothing about Mediainlinux.

The sources were some google search, wiki, distro
sites, and some discussion mailing list archieves.

So, the question is still there. For a DAW that will
deal much with real time apps centered in PD and ext,
are there any recomendations for my distro choise?

I am sorry to bring up such a tipical issue, I tried
by other means.

btw, don´t know how this can affects tips, but I have
been composing in computers for some years doing sonic
art, and my cpu is a intel 3.6 HT, 1Gb ddr2 ram, with
a delta 66 sound card. I am going linux mainly ´couse
win suffocate sucking and ´couse PD get´s way more
serious on linux.

Thanks in advance,
Ref
www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=25246