[linux-audio-user] capturing through plugins

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Feb 17 08:01:17 EST 2006

On Friday 17 Feb 2006 12:35, conrad berhörster wrote:
> the first step is to jackify xine. is there any experience with this topic.

Yes.  There are at least two JACK output plugins for xine out there, both
submitted to xine-devel but neither accepted into xine cvs.

Here's the one I wrote:

http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/m/audio_jack_out.c

It's a bit basic and won't handle more than two channels out, but it does
broadly appear to work.  See also discussion on xine-devel:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=mlists&forum_id=7131&group_id=9655&atid=0&words=jack&Search=Search

To build, you have to drop the source file into src/audio_out/ in the xine-lib
source tree, and add it to the Makefile -- I can't quite remember the details
of that bit but I think it's straightforward enough.  I would like to have
done some more work on this and related stuff, but I haven't found the time
(what a surprise).

Chris