[linux-audio-user] Re: capturing through plugins

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil at ccrma.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:17:11 EST 2006

conrad berh?rster:

> Hello,
> here is the next , hmmm, challenge.
> i want to capture the audo output of xine, the Video player. I have read
> somewhere, that it is possible through the alsa-jack plugin, since xine has
> alsa.
> so a possible way, i'm thinking of is
> xine -> alsa-lib -> alsa-plugin -> jack -> myapp
>
> the first step is to jackify xine. is there any experience with this topic.

Sure, I do that all the time with libjackasyn. In my experience, xine with
libjackasyn works much better than mplayer with jack output because
mplayer doesn't do proper resampling.

$ jackstart xine movie.avi
(it goes thru esd which works just excellent with libjackasyn)

http://gige.xdv.org/libjackasyn/