[linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Feb 18 00:51:00 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 21:41 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Recently though, I picked up a Peavey Delta Blues with a single 15"
> speaker. For some reason they dont command a lot of money but have a
> nice "not unlike Fender" tone. I got mine for $300.00 and love the
> thing!  They are on Ebay and Craigslist for this kind of money
> frequently. They have EL84's in back and 12ax7's for preamp. And there
> is the Fender Hotrod...all tube also....and you can find them for $350
> -
> $450 on EB & CL.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for, I'll check these out.  It can be
tough to find a tube amp that sounds good at low volume, and I'm OK with
solid state amps too.

> Much like anything else in music, personal taste is very subjective.
> My
> style and musical taste ranges from Tele and Strat inherent styles
> (Country Rock, some jazz, pop & Rock) and I would use any of the
> above
> mentioned amps for what I do.

Yup, same here, I play a ~1998 custom shop Strat that I think is
supposed to be a copy of a '72 Strat.  But, I also like to be able to
get a nice metal sound sometimes...

Lee