[linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 07:59:28 EST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:

>I've been meaning to replace my dead amp, and was thinking of getting a
>Twin Reverb or a Jazz Chorus, but my apartment is just too small.

User's response: "Get a smaller amp".

Developer's response: "Get a bigger apartment".

>Does anyone have a smallish amp with a really nice sound, of comparable
>quality to the above two, that they would recommend?  I don't really
>like the way Marshalls sound.

See if you can locate an old Polytone. I was on the road with a
guitarist who used one, it was a much better amp than my Fender Twin.
Which, btw, really was an extraordinarily LOUD amplifier. I don't think
my stage volume ever got past 3... but that Polytone had a much sweeter
sound...

Best,

dp