[linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Feb 18 13:30:07 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 16:03 +0100, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> >> Bwahahha, check this out:
> >>
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Twin-style-Music-Man-RD-210-RD210-amp-amplifier_W0QQitemZ7391171392QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
> >>

> >> Man, that's a nice amp... I'm afarid it's too loud for me.  The seller's
> >> bizarre rant at the end is priceless...
> >>
> >> Lee
> >>

> > LOL!   Uh..yeah!
> > Someone get the verbal dioreah medication! Nice damn amp though. The
> > RP112 I got was in almost as good cond. One of those auctions I
> > figured I'd never win.
> >
> > Be interesting to see what this goes for...at $329.00 w/nearlly 5 days
> > left! :)
> > R~

    I picked up a clean RP112 a few years back and I love the tone.  The
only problem is that it's too damn loud.  I played a large place last
night and I had gain set at 3 and volume at 2.  Much more than that and
ears start to bleed.  I've got a Crate Vintage Club 3112 (all tube, 30
watts, 1 12") that I loaned to a friend after Katrina that I like a lot
better.

> I don't find the rants of this man funny at all. I wouldn't buy anything
> from him.
> It's just sad.

    Ah, free speech.  Ain't it grand ;-)

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744