[linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Sat Feb 18 15:59:37 EST 2006

On 2/18/06, Ross Vandegrift <ross at lug.udel.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:27:04PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Does anyone have a smallish amp with a really nice sound, of comparable
> > quality to the above two, that they would recommend?  I don't really
> > like the way Marshalls sound.
>
> I've heard good things about amps from Line6.  They come in a lot of
> different sizes, come wwith different feature packages, and were
> medium-priced, IIRC  (been a while since I looked at amp; not much a
> guitarist myself).
>
> I never really listened to them, but I got the suggestion from asking
> a similar question.
>

> --
> Ross Vandegrift
> ross at lug.udel.edu
>
> "The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who
> make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians
> have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine
> man in the bonds of Hell."
>         --St. Augustine, De Genesi ad Litteram, Book II, xviii, 37

I can't vouch for their amps, but I have a Line6 POD 2.0, and it is by
far the best investment I've made for my guitar sound, period. My main
focus is on recording guitar direct though, and this thing simulates
many different amps, speaker combos, and some basic effects. You could
use it in front of an amp as well, and get a wide variety of tones out
of it.

I sold my old Yamaha amp so I could afford it last year. I do almost
miss having an amp, but with headphones, this thing rocks.

Anyhow, I imagine their amps would sound great too, with a variety of
different sounds in them. I'll probably be trying them out when I'm
ready to get a new amp again. But I liked Fender's Princeton Chorus
the best out of all the amps I've tried thus far.

Dana