[linux-audio-user] MIDI Control of Audio Files

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 23:15:02 EST 2006

Does anybody know of a tool or a hack to control the
playback of audio files?  What I am trying to do is
map a MIDI program change to an audio (.mp3, ogg,
etc.) file.  Launching a MIDI sequence at the same
time as the audio file would even be better.

I am looking for MIDI foot pedal (Behringer FCB1010)
control of backing tracks, and if possible, MIDI
program changes synchronized with the backing tracks.