[linux-audio-user] Re: System upgrade recommendations

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sun Feb 19 01:55:14 EST 2006

> I am still new to the Linux software out there, but I like the thought
> of softsynths. Currently I use just hardware stuff recorded into

ZynAddSubFX is absolutely amazing... You better bring a bush knife to
get through its interface but the sounds are crisp and clear incredibly
rich.

amSynth is pretty nice too.

With a 2GHz processor I can get around six voices simultaneously... It
should be possible to do the mixing on the fly for simpler projects,
saving a lot of disk space.

> Audacity, but I'd like to move towards software-only (well, plus MIDI
> guitars and live guitars and MIDI drums).

When midingsolo gets there it should be possible to use any guitar as a
MIDI guitar.

Cheers!

Carlo