[linux-audio-user] favorite window Manager for making music?

Brian Dunn job17and9 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 15:02:57 EST 2006

So you guys helped me pick a distro, and i'm pretty
happy with it.  Lets here the verdicts, what window
manager? Gnome 2.12 is what i've been using, but it
isn't the most stable.  Sometimes i can't logout and i
have to switch to a vt and kill it. The absence of
easily configurable menus has me sticking all my music
apps in a "drawer," where those without icons apear as
big feet that must be mouse-overed until i get
tool-tipped to even know that program it is.  I could
work around/live with it but then i resized one day
with <ctrl>+<alt>+- to read some fine print and all o'
the sudden the horizontal refresh was busted like an
old television.  the whole screen was cycling to the
left at a dizying pace and my muse cursor disapeared.
Even after killing X and restarting this nonsence was
still going on and i hate having to reboot my machine.
 So now i'm playing with e16... before i invest in
realy figuring out how to use it, what do any of you
using a jack studio setup with like MusE and Ardor and
the like prefer?

Thanks,
Brian