[linux-audio-user] favorite window Manager for making music?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Feb 20 01:20:04 EST 2006

Right now, openbox with gnome.
http://hans.fugal.net/blog/linux/openbox.html

I've done time with, and enjoyed, windowmaker, fluxbox, fvwm, and fvwm
with gnome, xfce4, and fvwm with xfce4-panel. I've done time with and
almost enjoyed blackbox, metacity, saw{mill,fish}, and a number of less
memorable ones. ion was a fun diversion, and for some workflows, mostly
programming, very efficient.  It helps keep me from getting distracted.
And then there's the bad ones: twm, and that proprietary unix joke whose
name I can't remember.

Overall fvwm is probably the winner, except I have a hard time doing
without a decent most-recently-used window switching algorithm. Openbox
is so far so good, although I'm tempted to try fluxbox again for the
tabbed windows (I guess it mostly depends on if I can get gnome-terminal
to behave).

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach